Advocacy does not mean endless hearings.
With decades of multi-jurisdictional experience, constituted by a team of effective advocates, SKAA delivers high-quality oral and written advocacy in contentious cases. SKAA's dispute resolution practice focuses on international commercial arbitration, investment treaty arbitration, domestic arbitration and commercial litigation before courts and tribunals in India. SKAA also remains available to accept diverse pro-bono mandates.
International Commercial and Treaty Arbitration
- Representing claimant in a Stockholm seated arbitration, administered by the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute under Swedish law.
- Representing an English merchant bank in a London seated arbitration, administered by the ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC), against respondents in the Middle East and India in a dispute arising out of a trade finance facility governed by English Law.
- Represented Russian, and Cypriot claimants in a bilateral investment treaty arbitration (BIT) under the India-Russia and India-Cyprus BITs, administered by the Permanent Court of Arbitration, Hague (PCA), against the Republic of India in a dispute concerning the telecommunications sector.
- Represented a Dutch claimant corporation under the Netherlands-Uzbekistan BIT in post award proceedings held under the aegis of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- Representing a leading Indian listed corporation in a New Delhi seated arbitration arising from the failure of respondent companies to fulfil post-closing obligations under a share purchase agreement.
- Represented respondents in a Delhi seated ad-hoc arbitration arising from the restructuring of a leading Indian export house, involving questions of valuation of privately held securities and incidence of taxation on retiral benefits of erstwhile partners.
- Represented one of the largest privately held Indian conglomerates against the Indian subsidiary of a premier international sports and fitness brand in a dispute regarding the inclusion of Covid-19 related restrictions within the scope of the Force Majeure clause agreed between the parties.
- Represented a leading Indian pharmaceuticals retail corporation in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in New Delhi arising from the fraudulent breach of a services contract by the Respondent involving complex analysis of financial trails.
- Representing a premier UAE bank in execution proceedings before courts in India for enforcement of a judgment passed by the Dubai Court of First Instance under the Indian regime for enforcement of foreign decrees.
- Representing a leading international music streaming services provider in multiple intellectual property claims before courts and authorities in India.
- Representing one of India's largest textile corporations in multiple claims arising inter alia under franchise agreements, supplier agreements, etc. before judicial forums across India.
- Representing an English merchant bank in insolvency proceedings arising out of guarantee obligations executed by Indian Corporations to secure a finance facility extended to a UAE based corporation.
- Represented a wholly-owned subsidiary of an Italian corporation in a writ proceedings against the arbitrary imposition of levies by the government department in-charge of labour welfare.
- Represented the largest associations of tourist transporters in writ proceedings before various Indian High Courts seeking waiver of statutory levies on account of restrictions imposed during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Representing minority shareholders in proceedings to prevent oppression and mismanagement in a premier handicraft export house before the statutory tribunal mandated to deal with company law matters.